Pathologic is a unique example of a dramatic game, which directly affects the player's state of mind.
...Inthe depths of the Ancient Steppe appeared a weird town. Once a smalldrover settlement scattered around the monstrous Abattoir, itunexpectedly developed into a mysterious, isolated establishment withan odd social structure. This odd society has managed to survive forseveral generations. It could have continued to aspire, were it not fora sudden outbreak of some enigmatic, lethal and inescapable disease,which begins to mercilessly slaughter the denizens inhabiting the area.Even science has proven helpless in finding a cure, or at leastproviding some explanation.
... Three outsiders arrive in thecontaminated town. The first was a highly-educated Bachelor with aruthless manner of investigation, assigned by the provincialauthorities. The second one is a far-sighted Ripper with a reputationof an ingenious surgeon, in search of his father's terrible heritage.The last character is an eccentric girl, possessing mystic healingabilities, that could become the town's heavenly salvation were it notfor the constant fear in her dejected eyes and fresh memory of thehorrors of her recent past...
Each of them must survive in this hell and play a vital role in the fate of the doomed town...
One of them could be you. The show is about to begin.
Theatmosphere of the game reproduces the tense feeling of constant danger,maddening awareness of the enemy's invincibility. You'll witnessdreadful images of city agony, incessant death of the infected worldand dramatic tragedies of the doomed people
- A bizarre combination of first-person game, role-playing features, non-linear plot and real time flow;
- The town has a life of its own, it constantly changes and adequately reacts to the player's behaviour and random circumstances;
- Well-balanced proportion of random factors and pre-arranged events;
- Original enemy concept – omnipresent, omniscient, invisible infection;
- 3 unique campaigns, several endings;
- Original graphic concept and photorealistic portraits of NPCs;
- A complicated system of context-sensitive music arrangement. Artistic sound direction;
- A large variety of individual survival and resource-hunting strategies under the resource hunger conditions;
- 3 heroes act independently: when one chosen, the two rejected heroes act on their own, plotting against the player.