The annual Formula One World Championship intoxicates a worldwide audience of billions, with its cocktail of speed, action, glamour and rivalry. Sport's most exotic show has made household names of its mega-star drivers and front-page news of their glamorous lifestyles. And with the price of success getting ever higher, only a team commanding a nine figure budget and the finest talents in the world, stand a chance of basking in the glory at the pinnacle of world motorsport.
EA SPORTS F1 2002 will be the first product on ANY platform to include the complete 2002 FIA Formula One World Championship giving the console gamer the opportunity to compete head to head with all the new drivers and teams as the season unfolds. EA SPORTS F1 2002 will be the first video game to feature the all new Toyota Formula One team - the 12th team to enter the F1 paddock.
Incredibly competitive artificial intelligence will lead to the player racing against opponents who want to win as badly as they do. Every driver on the track will fight, battle and react to maintain their current position, while constantly looking for the next opportunity to overtake, creating a high pressure, edge of the seat racing experience.
F1 2002 on Xbox will take the player into a living, breathing Formula One world. Feel the anticipation during the build up to the race on a buzzing grid as team personnel, engineers and glamorous grid girls surround you. Be watchful for flag bearing marshals at the trackside warning of up and coming dangers and create breath taking incidents as you crash into tire walls, scrape along barriers and scatter warning cones.
Taking advantage of the new technological capabilities of Xbox , EA SPORTS™ will marry the full excitement, glamour and drama that is Formula One with breathtaking new graphical detail and gameplay experience offered by the cutting edge hardware.
Specific Technical Advancements in EA SPORTS F1 2002 for Xbox
The most visually impressive technical feature is the wet weather which includes:
- Raindrops on the camera that reverse the image you see through them and fade and blur with time
- A windblown rain effect
- Reflections of all the cars in the road surface
Further technical advancements available on Xbox
- Cubic environment mapping that truly reflect the surroundings onto the each cars frame.
- Self shadowing - dynamic shadows that the cars cast on themselves, the track and other cars.
- Pixel by pixel track to car shadowing - not approximating by turning the whole car dark when under shadow
- Car damage that includes texture damage as well as breaking the model up so you can lose spoilers and wheels etc.