from Ubi Soft
XIII features a conspiracy of epic proportions, and players will unravel clues behind the story’s compelling and mysterious events. XIII includes themes of amnesia, in which players must uncover sinister plots against themselves, the U.S. government, and even the president himself. The only clues players have are the roman numerals XIII tattooed on their shoulder and a key to a safe deposit box in a New York bank.
- XIII utilizes next-generation Unreal Engine technology
- Cel-shaded graphics and the unique flashback visuals add to the novel effect of the comic license
- Core Characters consisting of : XIII: The Hero who suffers a total memory loss and finds himself in the middle of a conspiracy. Major Jones, XIII's bodyguard; General Carrington, ex- military and the mission adviser; Amos, ex CIA and The Mongoose, XIII's worst enemy.
- Varied gameplay - an unusual mix between stealth with commando like infiltration and action - (frantic searching, skiing, and sky dive)8 Chapters / 37 Missions across massive stylised environments
- In addition to cell shading - eye-catching graphical effects such as ocean swell
- A story-line based on the first 5 XIII comic books
- Complete interactivity allows for players to use objects as weapons (e.g. bottles/barrels)
- Using enemies as a human shield
- Original multi-player mode "Cover Me", with a 2-man team where a sniper player has to cover the player trying to reach a flag.
- Onamatopeapic special effects and visual representation of sound
- A variety of weapons at the players disposal including 4 guns, multiple blade throwing knives and a crossbow.
- Xbox live up to 4 players
- XIII PlayStation 2 Review
- Ubisoft's Cel-shaded Shooter XIII Grand Prize in "13 Days to Xmas"
- XIII shipped for the PlayStation 2 and PC.
- XIII And Alienware Massive System Giveaway
- XIII Has Gone Gold
- New Playstation 2 Screenshots: XIII
- Ubi Soft Releases XIII Multiplayer Demo
- XIII Multiplay Goes Online For Playstation 2, Xbox, And PC
- XIII Soundtrack To Feature Original Music By Future Primitive Sound
- New PC Screenshots: XIII