Return to one of the all-time best Sci-Fi universes ever created. As a squad leader in the Colonial Marine Corps, you command a squad of battle-hardened marines to unlock the origins of the Xenomorph alien species. You will experience heart-pounding action where the wits and skills of you and your squad are your only means to survive the terror of the alien threat.
The story picks up where Aliens left off and parallels the time period of Alien3. You're in command of an elite squad of Colonial Marines sent to investigate the mysterious disappearance of the unit that was sent to the LV-426 colony before you. Discovering that this force was wiped out, you will have to uncover and defeat the alien threat with the help of your unit of Colonial Marines.
Each member of your unit has specific skills, abilities and personalities that will enable you to overcome any obstacle in your way. Your unit will consist of veterans as well as rookies and they will react during battle accordingly. Veterans will stand and fight while rookies may turn and run without the proper motivation. As the squad leader, you hold their lives in your hand. With advanced squad-based gameplay, you can set up 4-man formations and issue commands on the fly.
Your team is fully equipped with state of the art weapons. Engage the enemy with a deadly and powerful arsenal including pulse rifles, flamethrowers, grenades and even smart guns with auto-targeting ammunition.
Stay frosty as aliens wait in ambush, attacking from levels above and below, often catching the player's team unaware. You will encounter face-huggers, chest-bursters, synthetics, soldier aliens as well as never-before-seen aliens.
Aliens: Colonial Marines features advanced lighting and particle effects that create a visually stunning landscape. Spanning 5 vast environments ranging from the USS Sulaco to a remote alien planet, Aliens: Colonial Marines delivers an immersive and action packed experience.
- 3 campaigns consisting of over 20 missions that the player must accomplish specific objectives, such as rescuing a captured teammate in order to succeed and advance.
- 5 massive environments ranging from the military ship USS Sulaco to the remote home planet of the alien nation.
- Squad-based gameplay lets you setup 4 different unit formations and issue commands to each member of your team.
- An arsenal of powerful weapons including smart guns with auto tracking ammo, pulse rifles, flamethrowers and grenades.
- Numerous Colonial Marines to choose from, each with their own skills, abilities and personalities.
- Enemies including face-huggers, chest-bursters, soldier aliens, Alien Queens as well as never-before-seen aliens.
- Advanced lighting and particle effects.
- Highly detailed characters with unique facial expressions and gestures.