NARC is an all-new remake of the 1988 cult arcade classic of the same name, which was the first action/shooter videogame to put players in the middle of the war on drugs. Assuming the role of Hitman and Max Force, ex-partners reluctantly reunited as members of the elite NARC squad, gamers must rid the world of the powerful international drug cartel, K.R.A.K., which is run by the evil drug lord, Mr. Big. To stop the spread of the new ultra-powerful designer street drug, Liquid Soul, gamers must use street-style, hand-to-hand combat and a large array of weapons against enemies.
Hitman and Max Force embark on an authentic, drug-busting mission around the globe, from the United States to Asia and Eastern Europe, and finally to Mr. Big's private island hideout. To accomplish their goal, gamers can choose from an arsenal of weapons to use as well as down-and-dirty street-fighting skills. The armed combat features third-person shooting, plus a zoomed-in third-person view for the perfect shot, while the unarmed combat features roughhouse action with an authentic street-fighting style, including wild punches, head-butts, knee-strikes, grappling and throwing.
NARC also features sub-missions that occur outside of the main missions. Gamers can hone their skills in the sub-missions and build their reputation by choosing to stop the many random crimes ranging from purse snatching to bank robberies. And, the licensed music in NARC features a collection of the best drug songs of all time.
NARC Key Features:
- Nonstop, Action-Packed, Drug-Busting Mayhem -- As Hitman and Max Force, players must rid the world of drug-infested corruption:
- Play as either Max Force or Hitman in each of the levels; the game's storyline drives which character players control.
- Some missions are solo while other missions allow the computer-controlled AI to fight along.
- Be a good cop or a bad cap -- its up to you how you play the game.
- Bust Criminals -- Arresting and busting criminals:
- The arrest procedure will be fast, arcade-like and will feel like a real tussle.
- Ease of arrest will depend upon the criminal's health, criminal rating and drug use.
- Combat -- Both unarmed and armed combat:
- Unarmed Combat -- The style will be a roughhouse, authentic street-fighting style with big, wild punches, head-butts, knee-strikes, grappling and throwing.
- Armed Combat -- Using an intuitive combat mechanic, players will use a wide arsenal of weapons, ranging from a crowbar to a rocket launcher and flame-thrower.
Worldwide Drug Locales -- Players embark on an over-the-top adventure that will take them around the globe in pursuit of the evil drug lord, Mr. Big. The five game locations are:
- USA: Based around a crime-ridden district of an East Coast American city.
- Asia: Set on the dock and downtown areas.
- Eastern Europe: An industrial complex and drug lab.
- Private Island: The private island of the evil drug lord, Mr. Big.
- Ambient Crime -- The world found in NARC is extremely violent and crime-ridden. Occurring outside of the main missions, gamers can hone their skills and build their reputation by choosing to stop the many random crimes ranging from purse snatching to bank robberies.
- Soundtrack -- Eclectic soundtrack spanning a wide variety of musical genres add to the drug-ridden street flavor of the game.
- Narc Xbox Review
- Narc Ships For Xbox And Playstation 2
- Midway Announces NARC Pre-Sell Program For Playstation 2 And Xbox
- Midway adds Bill Bellamy to Blockbuster Cast of Celebrity Voice Talent for NARC - Out For Playstation 2 And Xbox in Early 2005
- Midway Drops Gamers into Middle of Drug War With NARC